Sealed Bid Auction - Farm House on 7 Acres
Visit the "More Photos" tab below to see larger images.
All Bids are due on or before Wednesday, July 31st @ 4PM.
Historic farm house situated on 7.181 acres.
Zoned R-U (Residential Urban).
Began: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM EDT
Ended: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM EDT
Location: 203 Nissley Drive, Middletown, PA 17057
Inspection: By appointment only.
- ID #: 360091790000000
- Dauphin County, Lower Swatara Township
- 7.18 acres
- Zoned R-U (Residentail Urban) - See permitted uses (click "Documents" tab)
- 3 story
- Built in early 1700's
- 6,410 sq. ft. of living space upstairs
- 1,258 sq. ft. of living space downstairs
- 5 bedrooms
- 4.5 baths
- Master Bedroom has balcony with Master Bath & Whirlpool Tub
- Living room (17.5 x 18.9, wood flooring)
- Dining room (18.9 x 14, wood flooring, fireplace insert)
- Kitchen (23.1 x 39, marble flooring, Stainless Steel appliances, opens into Great Room)
- Bonus room (24 x 39, tile flooring)
- Laundry room
- Library/Study room
- Finished, exposed, full, walkout basement
- Stone and Stucco exterior
- Shingle and Metal roofing
- Natural gas heat with Central A/C
- 2 decorative staircases leading to 2nd floor
- Public sewer, Well
- 200 AMP
- Middletown School District
Excerpt from Revloutionary War Patriots' Historic Houses
Harrisburg DAR - Pages 29-31
Today most people recognize this property as the home of the Star Barn which was built about 1872. The rough stone two-story colonial house built prior to 1778, was once the home of two Patriots, Captain James Crouch and his son, Private Edward Crouch, who later referred to this property as Walnut Hill.
A Pennsylvania Land Warrant application submitted by James Crouch for 171.5 acres on May 13, 1790, surveyed December 22, 1793, and the patent was issued to Edward Crouch on November 25, 1796 with name "Fraternity" noted. The Direct Tax of 1798 indicates that Edward Crouch paid taxes on a stone house. The 1816 Melish-Whiteside Map notes "Crouch".
All sealed bids are due by Wednesday, July 31st @ 4PM to the Fortna Auctioneers office located at 26 E. Main Street; Annville, PA 17003. A 10% deposit due along with signed agreement with the sealed bid offer. Balance due in 45 days after final acceptenance of offer from seller. A 3% buyer's premium will be added to the final purchase price of all real estate sold.
To obtain a sales agreement in order to place sealed bid, please contact Fortna Auctioneers at 1.855.831.4242.
Route 83S to Route 441 to Eisenhower Blvd. Turn Left onto Spring Garden and then turn Left onto Nissley Drive.
Please be sure to bookmark the Fortna Auctioneers & Marketing Group website at http://www.fortnaauctioneers.com.