- 200+ years old
- Single family, detached
- 2-story Colonial style
- Lot size - (+/-) 1.26 acres
- Zoned VC - many potential business opportunities
- (+/-) 3,000SF of living space
- 4 bedrooms
- 2.5 bathrooms
- Living room
- Hardwood flooring
- Oil, radiator heat
- Exterior walls: Rock and Stone
- Full cement basement
- Public water and public sewer
- Bank Barn - stone re-pointed, new electrical service
- Detached oversized 2-car garage with electric
- Montgomery County
History of Ann E. Casselberry House 225 Evansburg Road Collegeville Pa. 19426
The Ann E. Casselberry House and Barn are located in Historic Evansburg, north of the Germantown Pike, Pa. Route 422. The original Two story, 4 room house with attic and basement was built between 1798 and 1804, and expanded to 5 bedrooms, with farm kitchen, presentation hall and formal dining room in the 1820-1840’s. Conforming to the prevalent Pennsylvania Adams style, the stone masonry and well- preserved interior fireplace mantles and interior woodwork, original random-width pine flooring, pine bible cupboard in the kitchen wall, multiple fireplaces, and a large ‘Keeping Room’ with walk-in Fireplace at one end of the house are completely preserved in their original condition.
A handsome stone bank Livery Barn dating to 1831 also graces the property, in which the original horse stalls, hand-hewn marked beams, and a grave stone carving office are well preserved from over a hundred + years ago. On several plastered walls in the ‘office corner’ of the barn, original hand-written inscriptions are preserved in plaster and signed by the original builder, John Casselberry. One inscription reads “This Barn built by John Casselberry August 21, 1831.”
The Ann E. Casselberry Property resides directly across the Street from St. James Episcopal Church and Cemetery on one side, State Protected Evansburg Park in the front, and the 1734 Jacob Casselberry House on the opposite side, which serves as a Museum for the Lower Providence Historical Society.
A design for the original town of Evansburg dates back to William Penn’s ‘Great Experiment’ that populated the newly-formed Pennsylvania Territory in the late 1600’s, and the original St James Anglican Church was commissioned in 1708, which still serves today as a vibrant force in the community.
During the War for American Independence in 1774, the Church served as a hospital for General George Washington’s wounded troops after the battle of Germantown, while they encamped along the nearby Perkiomen Creek. Washington’s Military leaders utilized the original Jacob Casselberry House next door as their Headquarters, and a mass burial site of unnamed soldiers who lost their lives in the Germantown conflict is situated in the St. James Cemetery only 50 paces from the Ann Casselberry House.
Many firearms that were used in the Famous War of 1812 conflict were also manufactured several blocks up the Street by descendants of the original Evans Family, for which the town was named.
Today, Evansburg is Home to over 50 markers, bridges and properties dating from the early 18th. Through 19th century, which are listed on the National Historic Register in recognition of the remarkable contributions that the Area has made to the History of the United States in the past 250 years.
David Granoff, co-Executor, Robert L. and Helyn E. Granoff Estate 8/3/2016
Very historic property with original features. Property adjoins the Evansburg State Park and the Casselberry Homestead. Church that is located across the street was used as a medical facility during the Revolutionary War.